Little Prince was being christened. Cosmo set about making a christening shawl. The world conspired against Cosmo. Christening shawl didn’t make it to the christening and then it gets worse.
So this is probably my most frustrating project ever. I picked a pattern from the internet for Little Prince’s christening shawl. A free pattern but not because it was free, because it was my favourite (and crochet because of the time pressure).
My first fail was to order the yarn from a web store. I did this because getting to a local yarn store was difficult with Little Prince being tiny. Unfortunately and unusually for a delivery from Wool Warehouse, the yarn took quite a while to arrive and when it did arrive, it was it the colour I ordered. Queue another wait for yarn to arrive and a trip to the post office to return to incorrect yarn.
So the correct yarn arrives. Whoop whoop. Hooks out and on I get with the crochet. Alas the delays were just too long and the shawl didn’t make it to Little Prince’s christening.
The hook went down for a while and having picked it back up and made it to the point of starting the border I logged back on to the internet to find the pattern page has expired. Arghhhhhhhh. Looks like I’ll be trying to work it out from scratch.
If only I had supported an indi designer and picked and payed for a pattern I could keep.